A Little History of Our Corps... The Corps was established in 1963 by 25 people including the founders Ruth and Ray Snoddy. The original building was at the corner of Carltondale and Hickory Roads in an old, red barn we shared with the Water Department. Our first ambulance purchased was a 1951 Cadillac that was dedicated on July 4, 1963. Our first emergency call was on August 25, 1963.